Venice masks

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Shore of Silence - Karol Wojtyla

Love explained all for me,
all was resolved by love,
to this love I adore
wherever it may be.

I am open space for a placid tide
where no wave roars, clutching at rainbow branches.
Now a soothing wave uncovers light in the deep
and breathes light onto unsilvered leaves.

In such silence I hide,
a leaf released from the wind,
no longer anxious for the days that fall.
They must all fall, I know.

Karol Wojtyla (1920 - 2005), Poland
Later to become Pope John Paul II
Translated by Jerzy Peterkiewicz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.