Venice masks

Sunday 15 June 2014

Where I become You - Antjie Krog

Where I become You
Star-stung blind and dying in gravitation
You come
Hard stained and upwards
You come
Your crystal breath at the mouth-close sound of birds
Star-stung blind
Stars dying
Stars breathtakingly closest galactic site
I’m one, I must become
I’m fastened
with wrists that can pile up stars

You
The true you
The yes you
The grass still rustles from your ankles
Just now, each time I look up
Turning away
Departing
Beloved
Astral bird-song wrapped in night
Come
Let the word come right through you
Let more come than I
More than the undermining mind
The badgering mind
The endlessly eyeing mind
Let us become
Unglowing
Nakedly unmoved
That which we never could have become
Alone

Autumn the singularity from your sleep before dawn
All signals roam through your tongue and we hold each other’s blood in trust
My lived one
My faith song enraptured
Your non-negotiable breath makes of us separate ones in the course of time
Oh…my embodied love lingering in gravity
All
Powerful
Us

Antjie Krog (born 1952) South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.