Venice masks

Saturday 23 August 2014

A window and a wall - Palas Kumar Ray

I saw the window but I saw no wall.
The open window greeted me to look through.
I saw promises and hopes waiting for me there.
I was very glad receiving such invitation of life.
I was in a hurry to hug life waiting for me.
Eagerly searching for a door now I walked
all along a concrete wall but found no door.

Wanting to come back to the open window
I realized, I had already lost the window also.
Now you stood before me; a silent wall
as I continued to run to and fro impatiently
searching the lost window, searching a door;
while hiding its open window the wall elongated.

Palas Kumar Ray (born 1963) India

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.