Venice masks

Thursday 14 July 2016

Where am I from? - Fatoumata Diallo

Where am I from?
I come from these people who get up with cows
Where am I from?
Of the people who always drink milk
Where am I from?
This people where men wear circular hats on their head
Where am I from?
I am from these people whose men carry their stick on their shoulders
Where am I from?
I am from this people whose women dance with their shoulders
Where am I from?
This people where women blacken their chin
Where am I from?
I am from these people sharing their language with their neighbours living on cliffs
Where am I from?
l am from these people who today mourn the division of their country
Where am I from?
This people where the beauty of women is like the moon in the sky accompanied by the beautiful stars that light up the world
Where am I from?
I am from that place where there's hospitality
Where am I from?

Fatoumata Diallo (21st century) Mali
Source: All in one boat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.