Venice masks

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Drown - DK Osei-Yaw

I stand my ground
Yet it slips away;
My legs kick hard,
Yet bubbles betray;
Here, strength fails so fast
And I’m weakened to my last;
My dying breath chides
Yet my heart resists,
[As gasps fill my lungs
With ghostly pangs]..2x
And heave a heavy weight
Like a mountain upon my chest;
And heave
A heavy
Weight
Like a mountain
Upon my chest…
Beneath this I beat,
I wish I
FREAK!
Yet quietly, I bleep
Slowly as I drown
Gently into the goodnight.

DK Osei-Yaw (born 1983) Ghana (born in Liberia)
Source: Badilisha Poetry X-Change

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.