Venice masks

Wednesday 28 June 2017

The Next Take - Christy Birmingham

You sat there in the dark, collecting dust
For days upon days
As you laid on a bed of pens and
Scissors with a bent handle.

I let you out
For a short visit here and there,
Undoing your jacket of dust
With a flutter, and a frown on my part.

Tick, tick, said the messenger, and then
Tick again, until my
Inked wing found a stable place for you.

It was then you received a tighter vest, and
A few more buttons before
You took to the sky while I watched
From where I crouched on the muddy ground.
May your next take be amazing.

Christy Birmingham (20th century) Canada
This and many other poems are available on Christy's poetry blog Poetry Parfait.

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.