Venice masks

Friday 20 October 2017

I Am Woman - Bongiwe Dlamini

I am woman
Empowered, I arise
to birth and nurture nations

I am woman
Feeder of my nations
I am she

With wisdom and knowledge
I can wield power
to affect and influence generations
God's desire for Himself

I am woman
Patient, visionary
sowing nuggets of hope
incubating in feminine womb
fertilised seeds of life
sons and daughters to suckle at breast
and rise and shine
soaring to astounding height

Woman I am
cherish me, do not break me
love me, do not abuse me
build me up and I
firmly rooted and grounded in love
shall pour forth from my belly
rivers and rivers of living waters

I am she
Fierce and gentle power
stand with me
do not war against me
I am not your enemy
I am not a victim
I am not prey
I am not a mere statistic
I am neither trophy nor possession

I am woman
Miraculous creation and wonderfully made
At ease in my strength
I am unstoppable revolution

I am woman
and I do not apologise for it

Bongiwe Dlamini (born 1973) Mozambique (born in Eswatini)
Source: COSPE Swaziland Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.