Venice masks

Wednesday 11 April 2018

I shouted from the cliff - Abay Kunanbayev

I shouted from the cliff,
Space answered me
But when he heard the sound I was looking around:
How, where this sound come from?
Was the same rock or different,
There is response, but the response is empty.

I have a great,
Wide kin,
No reason to be alone,
Great family, but I was not understood
And I live alone among,
As the tomb of the shaman, I am alone - that's my truth!

Abay Kunanbayev [Ibrahim (Abai) Qunanbaiūly] (1845 - 1904) Kazakhstan
Translated by Gongalo V.M.
Source: National Digital History portal of Kazakhstan
© e-history.kz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.